What are the Best Malicious Malware Removal Methods?
21 Oct, 2022 70 ViewsOnce malware infects your computer, it attacks the file system and targets valuable files. Before it does further damage on the computer, you must get rid of malware by performing some effective malicious malware removal methods.
3 Malicious Malware Removal Methods
1. Method No. 1 - Safe ModeWindows only launches minimum programs in Safe Mode. This prevents malware from running and damaging the computer any further.
- Enter Safe Mode
- Once the computer boots up in Safe Mode, type MSCONFIG in the search bar
- On the dialogue box, click on the Startup tab
- Check out if there’s any suspicious file in the list of applications(Check for the program and publisher on the Internet.)
- Disable the suspicious application
- Click Apply then Ok
- Exit but don’t restart the computer yet
Method No. 2 - Clear Temporary FilesWhen malware enters the computer, it usually hides in the TEMP folder. It mixes up with the legitimate exe files in the TEMP folder. The security in the TEMP folder is normally low, so malware can lurk there.
- To go to the TEMP folder, type %temp% in the Windows search bar
- When the TEMP folder, you’ll see a bunch of temporary files. Delete all.
- Close the folder
Method No. 3 - Malware ScanningEven if you have successfully disabled malware and cleared the temporary files, there’s a chance that stubborn malware remains in the computer. To ensure a complete malicious malware removal, let’s scan the computer with a malware scanner. If you don’t have a malware scanner yet, look for a free malware scanner such as Comodo Anti Malware. It is a good malware removal tool for a personal computer.
- Click here to download Comodo Anti Malware
- Once downloaded and installed, open the user interface
- Click on Scan
How to Scan the Endpoint Devices for Malware?
- In an organization, scanning endpoint devices is necessary. A vulnerable endpoint device can be the point of entry of malware. Malware can spread within the network. So it is important to keep the endpoint devices safe by scanning them.
- Scanning endpoint devices can be accomplished through a malware removal tool with endpoint protection. The security software only needs to be installed on the central server then the anti malware software can scan the endpoint devices for malware.
- Comodo Advanced Endpoint Protection is a reputable security solution for an enterprise. It is trusted by 600,000 companies and protects 85 million endpoint devices worldwide.
Notable Features of Comodo Advanced Endpoint Protection
- The Auto-Containment is a good malicious malware removal tool. It has a Default Deny feature that prevents untrusted software from accessing the file system. When a suspicious file enters the computer, it is automatically contained. The Auto-Containment prevents:
- Spear Phishing Attacks
- Drive-by-Download Infections
- Ransomware Attacks
- Zero-Day Exploits
Host Intrusion Prevention SystemThe Host Intrusion Prevention System monitors the computer memory and registry against fileless malware. When fileless malware attempts to access the computer memory, the Host Intrusion Prevention System instantly detects it. It also protects the computer against sophisticated malware that evades the detection of the antivirus and firewall.
VirusScopeVirusScope is an advanced machine learning technology. It consists of multiple recognizers that detect sophisticated malware in no time. It is fed with various good and bad software to make it an effective malicious malware removal tool. So when a file enters the computer, VirusScope can easily determine if it’s malicious or safe.
FirewallThe firewall protects the network and endpoint devices by:
- Filtering network traffic
- Monitoring data transmission
- Monitoring the active applications on endpoint devices
Cloud-Based AntivirusThe Antivirus is a powerful defense against known threats such as trojan, spyware, adware, rootkit, worms, and viruses. It is a cloud-based malware removal tool, which means that even if the security software is not updated, it can still protect the computer against the latest threats.
- Is a cloud-based platform that uses static and dynamic analysis to detect threats. It can determine if a file is safe or harmful in just 40 seconds. If there’s not enough information about the file, Valkyrie sends the data to a human expert for analysis.
- A business network with a multi-layered defense will not fall victim to cyber attacks. Even if malware attacks are increasing, your valuable files are secured. Download Comodo Advanced Endpoint Protection today or contact us for a live demo.